David launched his acting career on “Falcon Crest” alongside another ‘Renegade’ named Lorenzo Lamas (@lorenzolamas), and eventually transitioned into building after discovering a passion for expressing himself through carpentry. David is an artist through and through and shares stories about Sanford Meisner, mentors and making everyone feel loved. Oh yeah, wait until you hear his voice! Here are some other things you’ll also hear:
- Everyone must move forward to keep their dreams progressing
- David found building as a way to supplement other interests
- Limit spikes in stress and excitement to keep you at your best
- Key mentors David Boyd and Michael Carvin helped carve his artistry
- Michael Carvin was a Holocaust evader and taught him ‘understanding’
- David Boyd shared ways to execute the ‘visions in his head’
- Artists must truly love and appreciate everything around them
- Connection is the bloodline to survival
- “When life gives you lemon, make that lemonade already!”
- Know when to ‘let go’ and give yourself away to your artwork
- Follow a dream for the dream’s sake and not the end result
- Success is getting paid for what you love
- Everyone needs to know their niche
- All audiences want guidance, knowledge, affirmation or validation
- David’s dream vacation? Getting unplugged from technology
- Every culture has gift giving like a Mitzvah and it’s crucial to well being
- Poets are poets because they HAVE to not because they WANT to
- Stretch, be positive, help someone and eat healthy every day
- Your health is everything
- Taking care of yourself should be a primary job
- People can lift you up, but you must be willing to stand
- Nothing in life is coincidental
- As an artist, it is essential to create
- Fav Quote: Henry David Thoreau: “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”
This podcast is brought to you by Dreamcask.com, polished and professional web design and hosting for busy professionals and small businesses. They work with platforms like Wordpress, Wix and even SquareSpace sites like Renegade Reporting. Dreamcask is where dreams find their home. Check out Dreamcask.com to get started on building your dream today!
Question of the Day: What’s the best way to unplug from technology to take a digital and social siesta? (Please comment below).
More Links from Today’s Episode:
- “Falcon Crest” with the original ‘Renegade’ Lorenzo Lamas
- Classic reading like “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” & Shel Silverstein books
- “Night” by Elie Weisel about surviving the Holocaust
- Sanford Meisner and his Meisner Technique
- The William Esper Studio – Meisner’s protégé
- “Bridges of Madison County” by Robert James Waller
- French Woods Performing Camp with Adam Levine (@adamlevine)
- Bookshapers.com self-publishing from another Sheinkopf businessman
- “Defending Your Life” starring Albert Brooks
- “Zen and the Art of Archery” – A Must Read
- Encino Farmer’s Market – buy lettuce, eat organic!
Special Thanks to Tay Zonday (@TayZonday) for our intro/outro, Jesse F. Daniels (@JesseFDaniels) for associate production, Mike Drobinski (@DroboCop83) for photography, Doug Phelps for technical production and Bryan at DREAMCASK for customizing a killer website.
Let us know if you have any suggestions or comments, as we want your feedback. If you enjoyed this, or know someone who would, please share it with him or her. We appreciate you spending time with us!
Find Your Voice. Tell Your Story. Make a Difference.