Dean Bokhari (@DeanBokhari) is the Host of the Meaningful Show Podcast, creator of Meaningful HQ and founder of GetFlashNotes.com, where you can consume Self-Help books to Live Better, Work Better and Be Better in under 10 minutes or less.
Dean is a powerhouse public speaker and we review when to switch careers, daily routines, as well as realizing your full potential with both SMART and stretch goals. Here are some other things you’ll hear:
- How he started a six figure company from his own kitchen
- Trying a bunch of things before discovering your true purpose
- Find what “makes your heart sing” as per Carmine Gallo’s book
- Must understand ‘Why am I doing this?’ and ‘What’s my purpose?’
- How morning work-outs kick start your day
- Gaining clarity with ‘morning pages’ from “The Artist’s Way”
- Choose to ‘get’ vs. ‘have’ to do things to emphasize gratitude
- Focus on 3 Things at once to hold yourself accountable
- Becoming a parent increases clarity in choices, things and people
- You might forget what you hear, but you’ll never forget an experience
- Smart Goals – Specific Measurable Actionable Realistic Time-bound
- Why you need to balance Smart Goals with long-term Stretch goals
- “Success is Sequential Not Simultaneous” as per Gary Keller’s book
- In order to begin a business, you simply need to ‘begin’
- Fav Quote: Aristotle: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
- Gratitude can make the difference between a janitor and someone who ‘fosters a clean learning environment for future visionaries’
This podcast is brought to you by GetFlashNotes.com, where you can consume self-help business books in 10 minutes or less and get started for just $1. When you’re commuting for over an hour a day, why listen to music, when you can actually learn a few things. The knowledge I’ve gained from Get Flash Notes has helped me advance in business and start this podcast! To get started, check it out at GetFlashNotes.com.
Question of the Day: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever read? Who was the person and what was the book? (Please comment below).
More Links from Today’s Episode:
- Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Successful People – A Must Read!
- “Talk Like TED” by Carmine Gallo – Public Speaking Tips
- “The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron – Morning Pages
- “The ONE Thing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan – Find Your Purpose
- WeWork Coworking Office Space – Great Networking!
- Amazon.com a One-Stop-Shop & Home of Echo
Special Thanks to Tay Zonday (@TayZonday) for our intro/outro, Jesse F. Daniels (@JesseFDaniels) for associate production, Mike Drobinski (@DroboCop83) for photography, Doug Phelps for technical production and Bryan at DREAMCASK for customizing a killer website.
Let us know if you have any suggestions or comments, as we want your feedback. If you enjoyed this, or know someone who would, please share it with him or her. We appreciate you spending your time with us!
Find Your Voice. Tell Your Story. Make a Difference.